Sunday, July 15, 2012

National Missing Children's Day Poster Contest

Last school year, my 5th grade teacher told me about National Missing Children's Day and encouraged me to make this poster for their poster contest.  I thought of the idea that there is a storm that represents missing children.  I put question marks in the storm to show that the kids' future is unknown.  On the right, there is a home that is surrounded by sunshine.  The sunbeams are exclamation points.  They show the happiness of coming home.  In the middle, the kids are walking down the path, leading them out of the storm to home.  I want my poster to raise awareness and give hope to families with missing children.

I used watercolor paper with sharpies and liquid watercolor.  Here is a video showing how I made it:




I was awarded "Finalist" for the state of California! 




If you want more information on National Missing Children's Day, go to:  www.missingkids.com

No comments:

Post a Comment