Monday, July 16, 2012

Jean Paul Gaultier Paper Doll


A few weeks ago, I went to the Friday Nights at the deYoung and I saw the exhibit, "The Fashion World of Jean Paul Gaultier: From the Sidewalk to the Catwalk."  I thought the exhibit was great, with alot of interesting fashions.  Many looked like they would take a thousand years to make - some of the dresses were made of seed beads in impossible designs.  One of the dresses I really liked looked like the statue of liberty made out of metal.  There were outfits that looked like muscles and skeletons, mermaids and indian chiefs, cheetahs and Chinese warriors.  


Back upstairs, there was the Friday Night art table where kids and adults can make art together.  That day, you could make your own paper doll inspired by Gaultier.  For mine, I made a corset out of thin strips of foam with cloth on top.  Then I used silk flower petals to make a dress and leather strips to make boots.  Then I made a turban out of fine netting.  I'm really proud of it because it looks like something Gaultier might make. 

No comments:

Post a Comment